Thursday

Sub-dividing old blocks

Living as I do in the inner suburbs of Sydney, it's quite rare to come across an old house that still has all its land.

It must be very tempting for owners to reap the financial gains that would come from selling the backyard off. Most old houses around my area have done just that. An old house with a much newer one next door.

Well I found one on my travels today.






It looks as though both the house and yard had not been touched in a long time and both could use a little love.

Though it does warm my heart a little to know that someone has resisted the money and would rather have a patch of green.

On the flipside it's also quite disheartening to think that at some point in the future someone will probably buy it to renovate the house and subdivide the block.






I'd like to say I wouldn't sell the land off but who knows.... A block of land in the inner city is worth quite a lot of money....



(This is from Google Streetview BTW)

1 comment:

  1. I love seeing old houses like this with so much potential..... I can already see a lap pool on the plot next door.....

    ReplyDelete